Bellator vs. RIZIN 2 and Super RIZIN 2 are coming up, back-to-back this weekend, over Saturday night and early Sunday morning.
The main event of Bellator vs. RIZIN 2 is Patricky Freire taking on RIZIN lightweight champion Roberto de Souza in a lightweight grand prix quarter-final match-up. This fight was supposed to be Patricky Pitbull vs. AJ McKee, but McKee had to bow out due to a medical condition.
Also on the card is a fight for the vacant (and inaugural) Bellator flyweight title between former RIZIN and Bellator bantamweight champion Kyoji Horiguchi and the lesser known Makoto Shinryu (who is on a ten fight winning streak across RIZIN, DEEP, Bellator and CFFC).
The previous Bellator vs. RIZIN show is available on free replay below:
Super RIZIN 2 has three titles on the line with Mikuru Asakura taking on Vugar Karamov in the main event for the vacant RIZIN featherweight belt. The co-main is Hiromasa Ougikubo vs. Juan Archuleta for the vacant RIZIN bantamweight title. Before that RIZIN atomweight champ Seika Izawa will look to stay perfect against Claire Lopez.
Starting off the RIZIN 2 part of the show will be Patricio Freire vs. Chihiro Suzuki. This is a late addition to the card. It was announced this week at the same press conference that revealed McKee was out of the main event.
Bellator vs. RIZIN 2/Super RIZIN 2 Full Fight card
Bellator vs. RIZIN 2
- Patricky Freire (24-11) 🇧🇷 def. Roberto Satoshi (15-2) 🇧🇷 via TKO (calf kick and gnp), R3; Lightweight tournament quarter-final
- Kyoji Horiguchi (31-5) 🇯🇵 vs. Makoto Shinryu (16-1-1) 🇯🇵 ends in no-contest, accidental eye poke 0:25, R1; For vacant Bellator MMA flyweight championship
- Kana Watanabe (12-2-1) 🇯🇵 def. Veta Arteaga (7-6) 🇺🇸 via unanimous decision; Flyweight
- Magomed Magomedov (20-3) 🇷🇺 def. Danny Sabatello (14-3) 🇺🇸 via submission (guillotine), round 3 (3:55); Bantamweight
- Andrey Koreshkov (27-4) 🇷🇺 def. Lorenz Larkin (25-8) 🇺🇸 via split decision; Welterweight
Super RIZIN 2
- Vugar Karamov (18-4) 🇦🇿 def. Mikuru Asakura (17-3) 🇯🇵 by submission (Rear naked choke), R1; For the vacant RIZIN featherweight championship
- Juan Archuleta (28-4) 🇺🇸 def. Hiromasa Ougikubo (25-7-2) 🇯🇵 by decision: For the vacant RIZIN bantamweight championship
- Seika Izawa (10-0) 🇯🇵 def. Claire Lopez (8-4) by submission (ninja choke), R1 1:05; RIZIN atomweight championship
- Chihiro Suzuki (10-3) def. Patricio Freire (35-6) 🇧🇷 via KO, R1 ; Catchweight (154 lbs)
- Tofiq Musayev (20-5) 🇦🇿 def. Akira Okada (19-9-4) 🇯🇵 by KO, R2; Catchweight (157 lbs)
- Shinobu Ota (3-2) 🇯🇵 def. Kenta Takizawa (13-9) 🇯🇵 by TKO, R1; Bantamweight
- Igor Tanabe (2-0) 🇧🇷 def. Daichi Abe (12-6) 🇯🇵 by Submission, R1; Middleweight
- Yuki Ito (13-5) 🇯🇵 def. Hiroya Kondo (8-10-1) 🇯🇵 by Split Decision; Catchweight (128 lbs)
Start time and date
Bellator vs. RIZIN 2 airs at 11 p.m ET/8 p.m. PT on Saturday, July 29, 2023.
Super RIZIN 2 airs immediately afterwards, at 3 a.m. ET/12 a.m. PT on Sunday, July 20, 2023.
Bellator vs. RIZIN 2 takes place at the historic Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan. Tickets for this event are available here.
Live streams and price
In the US Bellator vs. RIZIN will air, via tape delay, on Showtime at 8 p.m. ET. Showtime is currently offering 30 days free service, then $3.99 a month for six months. Showtime usually costs $10.99 a month.
Showtime can be streamed on TV streaming services Amazon FireTV, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, XBOX One and smart TVs from LG and Samsung.
The app can also be installed on Apple, Android and Amazon mobile devices.
Showtime can also be bundled with subscriptions to Paramount+, Prime Video, Hulu, Apple TV and traditional TV cable providers.
Super RIZIN 2 is available on FITE.TV. It is available for $19.99. You can watch that here.
You know you can count on us for quick, consistent quality MMA coverage. Bloody Elbow is an independent, reader supported publication. Please subscribe to our newsletter to keep up with our best work and learn how you can support the site.
Join the Bloody Elbow Substack!
Support Bloody Elbow, and get exclusive content.
About the author